- Ancient African civilisations
- Black Female entrepeneurs
- The Marcus Garvey connection
- Academia and the white curriculum
- Black British Civil rights activists
- Forgotten African genocide of the 20th century
- Black women broadcasters
- Equality in the military
- Mary Seacole, Walter Rodney, Ivan Van Sertima
- This event has passed.
This special walk delves into an amazing depth of #African #Caribbean #history between Soho Square and Russell Square: It features:
“The travel group is back in the States, vacation is over, how sad! But memories will last for ever! I, as well as others in the travel group really enjoyed the Black history tour. When I talk about my trip, I talk about the Black history tour before I lead into other sights that I have seen. Thanks for the history and knowledge that was gained“
What an amazing tour! It completely moved me to rethink the intricate web of social, economic and political relations that characterize British imperial rule and racial politics. Engaging, moving, will keep you asking more questions. The best way to get to know London.
Alai Reyes-Santos, Professor of Ethnic Studies, University of Oregon