The first ever Global Black Voices showcases excerpts of plays by black writers from around the globe never before staged in the UK.
Curated by poet and journalist Bridget Minamore, the selected works are:
• Deux Femmes on the Edge de la Revolution by France-Luce Benson (USA/Haiti) directed by Kaleya Baxe
• The Preacher’s Wife by Shayera Dark (Nigeria) directed by Abigail Sewell
• No Easter Sunday for Queers by Koleka Putuma (South Africa) directed by Femi Elufowoju Jr.
• I Love Him BUT… by Maxwell Odoi-Yeboah (Ghana) directed by Sean Graham
• How Blood Go by Lisa Langford (USA) directed by Stella Odunlami
• 54 Silhouettes by Africa Ukoh (Nigeria) directed by Anastasia Osei-Kuffour
The readings will be followed by a post-performance conversation about the works featured and the common themes unearthed.