Emotional Emancipation (EE) Circles SM are self-help support groups in which we (black people) work together to overcome, heal from, and overturn the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority: the root causes of the devaluing of Black lives.
- Share our stories and feelings, always respecting the humanity and dignity of each EE Circle member.
- Deepen our understanding of the impact of historical forces on our emotional lives, our relationships, and the well-being of our communities.
- Free our minds and spirits from the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority, and heal from the historical and continuing trauma of racism.
- Tell ourselves a new, liberating, and empowering story about who we are as people of African ancestry.
- Revitalize ourselves and our relationships with each other.
- Learn and practice essential emotional wellness skills to help us be at our very best-–asindividuals and as a people.
- Develop strategies to extinguish the lies of White superiority and Black inferiority–once and for all.
The EE Circle(SM) Support Group process is the product of a collaboration between Community Healing Network (communityhealingnet.org) and The Association of Black Psychologists (abpsi.org). Emotional Emancipation Circles, EE Circles, EECs and related copyrights, marks and logos are copyrights and service marks owned exclusively by Community Healing Network, Inc., and are used with its permission. EEC trainers, facilitators, hosts, organizers, etc. are independent, and not employees, agents, partners, or corporate affiliates of Community Healing Network or the Association of Black Psychologists