Controversy surrounds the death of the two-year-old girl who was reportedly bitten by rats two Mondays ago at her family’s Lot 12 Belmont, Mahaica home.
Rebecca Seecharan died last Monday in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of the Georgetown Public Hospital Corporation (GPHC).
Reports are that the toddler was bitten on her ear and tongue by rats on April 3, last. She was instantly rushed to the GPHC, where she immediately admitted to the ICU.
On Monday the toddler underwent surgery and was said to be in a stable condition, but she succumbed later that day.
Her mother claimed that their home has a lot of rats and they had set poison to kill the rodents.
Sources have however doubted what the mother claimed and asked for the police and Child Protection Agency to carry out a thorough investigation into the child’s demise.