Rwamagana residents are still struggling to come to terms with a mysterious inferno that engulfed a commercial building a few days ago.
The fire was later put out but after it had destroyed a lot of property.
The building was supposedly owned by two siblings as inheritance from their deceased parents.
According to their neighbours, the two, a male and a female, failed to share their inheritance and were instead involved in bitter wrangles that ended in court.
According to neighbours, the brother had denied his sister her rightful share of the property.
On the day of judgement, however, residents saw heavy smoke emanate from the building.
One of the tenants, Claudine Nyinawumuntu, said most of her property was destroyed by the inferno.
"We were seated outside at around 5p.m. when we saw smoke rising from one of the rooms...some men made their way inside."
"They found petrol poured in the ceiling. A five litre jerrican containing petrol was placed in the ceiling with a lit candle beside it," Nyinawumuntu narrated.
The case is under police investigations.
Copyright © 2012 The New Times. All rights reserved. Distributed by AllAfrica Global Media (allAfrica.com). To contact the copyright holder directly for corrections — or for permission to republish or make other authorized use of this material, click here.